Is Being a Woman Sin ?

 We live in a world 
where women's opinion never matters

We are treated as if 
Being a woman is a sin  

We aren't allowed to say NO to anything
No matter how much we try to prove ourselves
We are always pulled down

My grandmother indirectly told me 
Not to talk to boys 
As if it's a sin 

We are tired of listening
 To those taunts 
When those aunties tell
You don't even know how to make a Round Chapati

Those aunties tell me 
Not to wear short dresses
Or else I would get raped 

Those aunties even tell me 
To take care of my beauty 
Or else I wouldn't get a good groom

If a man has an affair outside marriage, it's ok
But if a woman even talks to men except for her husband
She is given Character Certificates

Just imagine, 
Every 16 min, a woman is raped 
Somewhere in this country 

Every 4 min, a women experiences
Cruelty at the hands of In-laws 
 
Whether how much we talk about women empowerment
Until we can change the mindset of people
Nothing can be changed

We live in a world 
Where women aren't standing for women 
Instead of blaming, we should support each other

So Dear Aunties and Uncles 
We women aren't any puppets
With whom you can play the way you want

Stop judging us if we talk to men 
Stop judging us if we don't know cooking
Stop Judging us if we talk about Periods loudly
Stop judging us if we don't care about our beauty
Stop judging us and start supporting us 

If saying NO to useless things 
makes me a bad feminist
Then I agree to be 
A bad feminist 

This isn't my story
This is our story 
We live with this cruel reality every day
So let's take a pledge that 
We will stand for ourselves